The City in all its Guises
So what’s a guise? A guise is an external or assumed appearance; it can suggest that a person is in the guise of— only you can finish that story.
The city in all its guises suggests London in different seasons or festive periods such as Hallowe’en, Christmas, at the January Sales, in the summer or at New Year when it floods with tourists. Consequently, it could simply be the city at rush hour.
Move us to tears with your tales, dazzle us with great writing and surprise us with a twist!
Non-Fiction Short Story
Flash Fiction Poetry
- All submissions are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org a separate attached .doc or .docx file.
- Please put your title in the subject box and whether it is a poem, short story, non-fiction or flash fiction.
- Your writing should involve the city in some way.
- Short stories should be no longer than 3,000 words. Flash fiction should be less than 1,000 words. Your writing should be original and previously unpublished.
- Please include a short biography to accompany your writing.
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer feedback.