Issue Seven of the Wells Street Journal is now open to submissions!
The theme for this issue is ‘City after Dark’. This theme evolved from the idea of wishful thinking, or ‘what if’ scenarios that could cause a time of darkness for yourself, society or others around you. The main guideline we ask writers is to centre or relate their creative work to the city of London.
This can be Fiction, Non-Fiction, or Poetry.
The deadline date for submissions is Monday the 20th of March at 9 AM. Please send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any work submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- The word limit must not exceed 3,000 words for prose and 60 lines for poetry
- Writers can only submit one piece per person
- Writers should be aware that upon submission, their pieces may be edited, and revision may be suggested
- Submissions must be your own work
- Must be in English
- Work should be submitted as .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf (please not .pdf or .pages)
- Submissions may be sent to other journals, but please notify us immediately if your submission is accepted elsewhere
- Please also send us an image to accompany your work (you must have permission to use the image), if we do not recieve one from you, we will select one for you
Publication date of WSJ will be April 11th, and will go live online – https://wellsstreetjournal.com/.
Those who are interested in WSJ launch party should stay tuned for information on where it will be held.
We look forward to reading your pieces!
Wells Street Journal Team